Thursday, March 29, 2012

Finished Metal Piece!

This is what we used to saw the metal!
The actual saw blade is in the left corner of the picture.
     After endless days of sawing and filing, my metal piece is finally finished!  I must have broken over 20 saws in the process, so many that my table had a pile of broken saws everyday!
     When my metal was sawed and filed, it was time to solder it! To solder something you had to put pieces of solder between the metal, and then melt it with a torch, which would make the metal stick together.  That was the first time I had ever used a torch! Before I started soldering, Mrs. Kiick looked at me very seriously, and said "Don't drop this."  But I didn't drop it or set anything on fire!
                                           
     After soldering, I rubbed my metal piece with sandpaper to make it shiny and smooth.  It is currently pinned to the wall along with the rest of the class's amazing metal creations!




No comments:

Post a Comment